Updated: Apr 19, 2020
Being a business owner can be busy - the day-to-day delivery of your products and services can mean that time for audits of your brands online presence, project management, and processes and systems you may use (billing, communications etc) remain on your to-do list for longer than they need to be. Do you want to drive your business forward but are stuck in this position?
That's where an OBM - Online Business Manager - can be useful. They are contracted to manage key facets of your business on your behalf, but are not an employee. They can take care of strategic and operational aspects of your business, and may specialise in some specific areas of business (marketing, HR, etc). Paid on a 'per project' or retainer basis they provide flexible capacity.
Dr Tracey Wond of ESME Creative will be offering this service from July 2020. Here is why Tracey is well placed to deliver our Online Business Management (OBM) service.
Tracey has experience working on senior management teams and boards, experienced in strategic decision-making. She is a former Head of Research in a University Business School, Treasurer of a non-profit, and trustee of several charities. Working at board level she has supported significant financial, operational, strategic and people-related decisions. This includes having dotted line management responsibility, mirroring that of an OBM. She also holds a HR, CIPD (level 5) qualification, and is a member of the Chartered Management Institute.
She holds a PhD in Business and Management and has taught on business programmes from undergraduate to postgraduate (MBA and PhD levels). She's published in a range of international business journals and books in subjects including governance, careers, and leadership
Tracey is experienced in managing projects, having worked as a Projects Officer and working predominantly in project environments. She holds a PRINCE2 Project Management qualification.
She is Creative Lead and Director here at ESME Creative, where she's supported many businesses to review their online presence, work within teams to develop web content, deliver websites and lead their rebrands. A bit of a tech-geek at heart she's introduced online booking, electronic invoicing, personalised domain emails and other solutions into a range of organisations.
She is a big thinker, able to see the bigger picture and how complex elements of business decisions intertwine.
Online Business Manager services will be offered from July 2020. Limited availability to ensure a quality service to all of our clients. To discuss please call Tracey 07760175782 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you'd like to read on then please do.
Here are some of our achievements over the past few weeks:
- Launching 3 client websites in short timescales in the past 5 weeks, with a further 4 under development. Some to respond to COVID and ensure business continuity.
- Coaching one business to 'pivot' amid COVID-19 resulting in a highly successful transition leading to increased business, and almost 5000 new social media followers.
- Conducting an online audit for a new client, leading to action to secure their unclaimed social media sites, and rectify dead URLs and content that could have been more professional. We provided further advice on improving their SEO including building off-site SEO through their networks (reaching out to suppliers to put their domain name on their websites to increase backlinks for instance).
- Introducing 3 businesses to Stripe, Wave and GoCardless to support them to process online payments.
- Two logo designs and rebranding assignments. Including the logo for a regional COVID response unit, pro-bono.
- Developing an online 'bar' graphic to help an organisation communicate it's new social breakout platform.
- Supporting a primary school teacher to develop her online teaching resources to ensure they were visually appealing.
- The creation of Zoom background graphics for clients.
- Adding COVID business as usual/closure statements to all of our clients website at no additional charge.